Official Contest Rules
This Corptax Tax Transformer Contest (“Contest”) is offered by CSC Corptax®, Inc. (“Corptax”), pursuant and subject to the following Official Rules (“Rules”). No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Corptax customers that currently license a Corptax product or service (“Customer”), and participants must be (a) employees of a Customer, (b) who are legal residents of the continental United States or the District of Columbia, (c) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, and (d) who are expressly permitted by the employer Customer to: (i) participate in this Contest, (ii) agree to the Official Rules, and (iii) accept a prize, if any. Participation in this Contest or acceptance of any prize may be restricted by a Customer’s policies, and participating employees must receive approval from the Customer before entering the Contest or accepting any prize. References in these Official Rules to the “Entrant” shall include both the Customer and its participating employee. Entering and participating in this Contest constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and to Corptax’s decisions in connection with the Contest, which are final and binding in all Contest related matters. Corptax’s and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate or win the Contest, however they may participate in voting and selecting a winner. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. Timing: Tax Transformer submissions will be officially accepted beginning on April 25, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. Central Time. Submissions will be accepted through October 27, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. Central Time, which ends the “Promotion Period”.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, eligible Entrants can enter the Contest by completing the questionnaire. The questionnaire will require answers to questions and provision of details regarding Entrant’s experience, success stories, best practices and improvements related to use of one or more Corptax products and/or services, and how such use has helped Entrant in any way, including but not limited to streamlining the Customer’s tax process, reducing risk, saving time, and allowing the Customer to gain increased transparency and efficiency in the tax life cycle process (“Submission”). Submissions may also include additional materials (such as videos, PDFs, etc.), which can be uploaded via a separate FTP link at the Site. The focus of an Entrant’s Submission should tell how Corptax has transformed and benefited the Customer’s tax process and tax department. Submissions must be written in English, must be the Entrant’s original work, must not infringe third-party rights, be obscene, defamatory or otherwise unlawful, and must be suitable for publication. The Entry should not contain any trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others without the owner’s permission. Corptax reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify any entries that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, false, misleading, deceptive, or unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing. All Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines will be disqualified from the Contest at Corptax’s sole discretion. Corptax is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected Submissions, technical Site malfunctions, human error, interruption in Site service, deletion, defect, line failures, computer equipment, software, inability to access the Site or any online service, downtime, or any other error or malfunction arising from or related to the Submission. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant agrees that it has no right of privacy with respect to information provided in a Submission, any part thereof, or otherwise in connection with the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes consent by Entrant for Corptax to collect and use Entrant’s personal and personally identifiable information, including but not limited to first and last names, email addresses, and phone numbers. “Submissions” shall be considered to include all information, data and content provided in any form to Corptax in connection with this Contest.
4. No Limit: Entrants may submit more than one Submission, so long as each Submission addresses different products and services, however a single Submission may address more than one product and/or service.
5. Evaluation Criteria: Submissions will be judged by the following Evaluation Criteria:
- Overall Impact. Is the Submission educational, inspiring, persuasive, enthusiastic, and appealing?
- Creativity. Is there an element of originality in demonstrating whether Entrant has the “best story” regarding how Corptax has transformed the Customer’s tax process and enabled maximum efficiency?
- Delivery and Message. Is the Submission clearly written, easy to understand, and aligned with the Contest’s purpose?
- Practical Merit. Does the Submission demonstrate: (a) that the Entrant has broad, extensive or long-term experience using a Corptax product or service, (b) resulting efficiencies, improvements, transparency, and streamlining from such use, or (c) that Entrant’s use is in line with best practices? Does the Submission lend itself to the type of style and composition that would enable creation of a valuable video in which the Entrant’s story can be told?
6. Winner Selection: At the end of the Promotion Period, Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges made up of Corptax employees with knowledge of and experience with Corptax products and services. The judges will choose six finalists (“Finalists”) using the above stated Evaluation Criteria. Notwithstanding the Evaluation Criteria, judging is subjective and all decisions by Corptax and the judges as to the administration and operation of the Contest, and the judging and selection of Finalists are final and binding. The Finalists will be announced on November 13, 2023.
Grand Prize Winner: There will be one Grand Prize Winner (Winner) chosen from the six Finalists. The Winner will be selected by Corptax Clients who will vote between November 13 and December 4 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. The one of six Finalists with the highest number of votes will be declared the Winner.
The Winner will be announced at the CONNECT 2022 evening social event taking place December 4, 2023 @ 4:00 p.m. Central Time. Further, all Finalists and the Winner will be notified in person or by phone or email (“Notice”). Finalists and the Winner must respond to the Notice confirming their acceptance in person or by telephone or e-mail, within three (3) business days of Notice receipt, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prizes. Finalists and Winner (including both the participating employee and an authorized representative of the Customer employer) will be required to sign and return an agreement and release containing terms regarding issues that include but are not limited to compliance with these Official Rules, confidentiality, liability, and publicity (“Release”). The Release must be received by Corptax within seven (7) days after receipt of Notice, in order to claim Prizes. If a Finalist or Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Release within the required time period, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, the Finalist or Winner forfeits the Prizes. In the event a Finalist or Winner is disqualified for any reason, Corptax will award the Prizes to an alternate Finalist or Winner.
7. Prizes: The Winner will receive an Apple Watch valued at approximately $549 and a Fandango gift card, not to exceed $500. Finalists will each receive a $500 gift card and a commemorative keepsake, and a hotel suite upgrade, valued at approximately $625. Prizes will be delivered to the Winner and Finalists at a commercially reasonable time after receipt by Corptax of all Releases.
8. Availability for Finalist and Winner Video, Publicity and Ownership: Each Finalist and Winner must be prepared to dedicate time reasonably requested by Corptax, and to cooperate and work with Corptax in any or all of the following, which will be related to the Finalists’ and Winners’ experiences using Corptax: (i) responding to questions from Corptax; (ii) participating in a case study and/or (iii) creating, participating and appearing in a testimonial video paid for by Corptax (the study and video separately and together referred to herein as “Study/ Video”). By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be available for promotional appearances on dates selected by Corptax, at Corptax’s cost, and in accordance with Corptax’s expense policies. Except where legally prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each Entrant’s consent, permission and grant to Corptax and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotional agencies: (A) to use Entrant’s name, address, biographical information, likeness, photograph, picture, opinions, voice, and statements, worldwide and for any purpose, including but not limited to promotional and publicity purposes in any and all media, including without limitation, television, radio, print, and the Internet, in perpetuity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law; (B) of all right title and interest in and to the Submission and the Study/Video; and (C) a perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, edit, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, exhibit, transmit, adapt, modify, broadcast, televise, digitize, edit, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the Submission and the Study/Video, and any derivatives thereof, in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Corptax, the Contest, a future contest, and Corptax’s products services, all without further consent from or payment to Entrant. All Submissions and Study/Videos shall be the sole property of Corptax, and Entrant hereby assigns to Corptax all rights, including without limitation all copyrights in perpetuity throughout the world, in and to the Submissions and Study/Videos.
9. Limitations of Liability and Release: CORPTAX, ITS PARENT COMPANY AND AFFILIATES AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE NOT AND SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (a) THE CONTEST, (b) PRIZES, (c) SUBMISSIONS, (d) STUDY/VIDEOS, (d) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, CORPTAX, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (e) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES, NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (f) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (g) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, JUDGING AND FINALIST/WINNER DETERMINATIONS; (h) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, DAMAGED OR STOLEN MAIL; OR (i) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO CUSTOMERS, ENTRANTS, FINALISTS, WINNERS OR OTHER PERSONS OR PROPERTY, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM OR BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Entrants, Finalists and Winners agree to release and hold harmless Corptax and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and causes of action, including, but not limited to personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property of any kind, arising out of or in relation to: preparation for, travel to, and participation in the Contest; receipt, use or misuse of any Prize; participation in any Contest-related activity, including but not limited to creation of a Submission or a Study/Video; and any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, any Prize awarded, and any Submission or Study/Video shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of action. Without limiting the foregoing, Entrants agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in New York, New York. In no event shall an award of attorney’s fees be reimbursed in connection with any claim arising out of or relating to the Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations in connection with the Contest or any Prizes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Entrant waives all rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
11. General Conditions. No Prize Winners may assign or transfer their prizes. Any expenses not stated herein, including, but not limited to, federal, state and local taxes or any other applicable fees or costs not expressly identified in these Official Rules that are related to participation in the Contest and the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes, are the sole responsibility of the Entrants Finalists and Winners. By entering the Contest, Entrant expressly agrees to receive e-mail notifications from Corptax regarding the status of the Contest, Corptax’s newsletter, email regarding Corptax’s products and services, and other information that might be of interest to Entrant. Corptax is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if the Prizes cannot be awarded due to any event beyond Corptax’s control, including, but not limited to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Corptax reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Corptax’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Corptax in its sole discretion. Corptax reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Corptax representatives. Any attempt by a person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Corptax reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Corptax’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or of any other provision herein.